Thursday, March 14, 2013

I am a super hero! Being a mom has done it. No not the carrying and birthing them part. Any adoptive, foster or negligent mom can tell you carrying and birthing a baby does not always make you a mother. Being a mother makes you one! So since I have obviously done an A+ job of this I have been enabled with super powers. I am guessing you are probably wondering what those are. Here is where I tell you!

1. Faster than a speeding bullet has nothing on faster than a kid falling out of a chair. Or faster than a falling sippy cup full of grape juice over carpet! I can sense something falling before it falls and with my super cat like reflexes catch it before the plate of dino nuggets with bbq sauce has time to fall on the floor and cause a melt down in a 2 yr old!

2. Super hearing. I can hear my baby crying from one floor away with 2 televisions on while my 2yr old runs around the loft screaming "It's time to be a knight and do it right!" and my husband is asking me where something is.

3. I am an empath. What not a super power? Tell that to the show Charmed! I know exactly how my baby feels before he even feels it. When we are at the dr. and they come in with shots and ask me to help hold them down. My heart breaks knowing that the trust my babe has in me to keep him safe and unharmed will temporarily be broken. I know how hurt my 2yr old feels when some one wont play with him. When he looks at me and says "Momma I love you so much." my heart is just as full as his is. When he screams and throws himself down because he is mad that I wont give him 5 oreos after he snuck 2 already. I know exactly how mad he is because I am just as mad.

4. I can exist on little to no sleep. Normal humans cannot survive on a mere few broken hrs of  sleep each night for months on end. We super heros do this nightly for years. I am currently going on just over 2.5yrs of it.

5. I fight bad guys. I slay monsters, battle dragons and chase away scary shadows. Enabled with the powers to launch assault on these horrible creatures and allowing young children to fall asleep.

Now you may not feel these powers make me a super hero but show me someone who doesnt have these and not feel like they are a super hero! These are badges of honor bestowed on those most fit. There are definitely other powers I would like to add to my collection such as mind reading, teleporting, and the power to freeze time.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!! Totally have another to add. Stronger than The Hulk. Not many can carry a 15lb baby in a 10lb bucket seat, a 30lb kicking and screaming 2yr old, a diaper bag, 2 jackets, car keys and a cell phone across a parking lot!!

      Delete