Sunday, March 22, 2015

Turning the Page

It's been a long week. This week has been a week of wonderful highs. I celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary on Sat. It's been a wonderful weekend. A great dinner with just A and myself, then came home to E and O, ready for bed and worn out by their cousins. I didnt have to worry about them while gone and they were super happy for the time to play. I got to love on my kids and my husband and not have to worry about other things. I got to play on the trampoline and enjoy the nice early spring air. I got to hide under the blankets while being ambushed with Nerf bullets form A and E. It's been a great weekend. I also did a ton of reflecting over the weekend. I realized that where I am currently in my life, with my family and my friends is a great place to be. I am so happy and content with where we are going and the things we are working towards. There will always be bumps in the road but with these wonderful guys by my side they can help make sure these bumps dont become car consuming pot holes. 

It became clear what amazing friends I have in my life. Many more than I realized. People who stand up for me when needed. People who make me laugh and are there for me to confide in. People who allow me to be me and love me just for that. These women also help keep me from falling into the pot holes of life. They allow me to vent, and they listen. They give me amazing distractions and make me laugh when I need to. They help me in more ways than they will ever know. I am so blessed and grateful for these women. 

There have also been some super low lows this week. I've realized how strong my close group of friends are and I've realized how weak I can be. I've realized that while I feel I can trust others I cannot. I've realized that many times 'friends' are nothing more than a screen, an avatar, a small thumbnail picture. Not what I thought they were, not who I thought they were, and not how things seem. Screens give others more courage than alcohol, more words than a dictionary and more power than they need. They can wonderfully build people up and just a quick shut them down. I am so thankful I am surrounding myself with more that build up and less of those that shut down. More of those that help guide me on the right path and less of those that make me stray. I am learning what I am built of and what others are built of. Not something you'd think one would be doing while rounding the corner on their mid-thirties. I know who I am and what I stand for, but learning who others are and what they stand for is different. Not everyone is made of the same fiber and that's fine. Everyone needs to learn these things. I have been lucky enough to live in a bubble. One that doesn't have a need to be skeptical of others, one that I can trust and take things for what they seem. I dont have to wonder if what I see and hear is the truth. 

I can say that I am a very lucky woman. I have so much to be thankful for and I cannot thank God enough for blessing me with this. 

2 comments:

  1. Holy mother of Batman! These are some of the most powerfully honest words I've ever read:

    "I've realized that many times 'friends' are nothing more than a screen, an avatar, a small thumbnail picture. Not what I thought they were, not who I thought they were, and not how things seem. Screens give others more courage than alcohol, more words than a dictionary and more power than they need."

    OMGeezy! You hit the nail on the head! Beautifully written and full of powerful truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have sparks of genius every once in a while. LOL!

      Delete