Saturday, May 7, 2011

This hands down has been one of the worst weeks ever! Lets take this week-o-crap day by day.

Monday- Evan has a morning Dr. appt, which is a follow up from his surgery. He sees the audiologist and then ENT. To start the day off he wakes up way before I even get into the shower which is not good. Then it takes him over an hour to eat breakfast. Again not good and not normal! He decided to play more than eat! Then its pouring rain like crazy so people act like they have never seen anything like this before and drive like idiots! So we finally leave 15mins left and have to drop Mylo off at he groomers. This puts us about 10min late for his appt. Three seperate hearing tests later and they show he still seems to have fluid on his ears, nor is he happy about being poked and prodded at for 20mins. This is wonderfully followed by having to wait on the dr for 45mins! Thankfully we get called back and an whopping 5min visit to say yes he has severe infections even after tubes and needs ear drops and antibiotics! $50 copay and we are gone for the next stop of our day. Its a wonderful lunch with one of my BFFs and her uber sweet and cute little girl who says "I love him" after seeing Evan! Then its off to his other dr. appt, his 9mon check up. It goes great but he does get a shot and I learned he never got his flu shot follow up. Too late now! Then its back to pick Mylo up and finally 8hrs later we are home! The butthead never napped and then refused to nap, which ment I got nothing done! Ugh by the time Austin got home I was done with the day!

Tuesday-While playing with my patient I fell and broke my foot. Technically I have a severe fracture, a hairline fracture and a severly sprained ankle and an even worse sprain in my foot! Yay time for Das Boot! But it was not to be on Tuesday! The company the dr. sent us to had an issue with my insurance and said I'd have to buy it myself and either bill insurance on my own or come back Saturday, return the boot and then buy it through insurance then. Umm no! Thankfully my mom had a shoe boot I could use until I got everything straightened out! But I ended up missing 3hrs of work.

Wednesday-Told my boss I left early because I broke my foot on Tuesday. She definitely understood but I really needed to make up the hrs. Yay for that! Still no boot because we had to find a new company closer to us! Found one but they couldnt get to my order in time for me to get the boot. I was supposed to stay an hr late but I was done and went home at 6. Upon arriving home I go to chance Evans diaper and he is covered in whelps!! Huge red whelps and tiny red dots! Allergic reaction much? Check the med and Oh! its amoxicillin and my family has a large history of penicillin allergies! Guess what this means! Stop the med immediately and put some cream on his whelps. Austin left to go find Benadryl and finds a shortage of it! Which means none for my little man! He went to 3 different stores to try to find it too! Evan slept with us that night and I got all of maybe 3hrs combined due to waking up and constantly checking on him.

Thursday-Get Das Boot!! Yay a huge silver lining on the day! Went in early and stayed late to make up some time. Got a call from his daycare about the rash just letting us know he has one! Umm thanks for notifying us when it actually happened! The dr. called in a new antibiotic as well! Oh did I mention when we filled the drops Monday night after insurance they were $80? Yep! My patient didnt nap which ment no real break for me, and one long work day in pain!

Friday-Wonderful Friday! Again came in early and stayed late to make up the rest of the mising hrs. Did a fool proof way to get my patient to nap! Minimal pain from my foot! All in all it was a pretty good day!

Today-Evan decided he was up early at about 5am and we said no to that! Put him in bed with us and he slept til 830!! Sometime during the night I moved my foot and felt a pain so severe I thought I rebroke it! Evan went and spent some time with his grandma and paw paw so that gave us some time to get the house cleaned! After ward we all loaded up and went to Mayfest to see my niece do a great job preforming a ballet dance! Evan was so excited to see her! I love seeing how much he loves her! But about 15minutes of being there Evans allergies were in over drive! Puffy, red, watery eyes, nose running like a faucet on full blast! He started even acting like he looked! Miserable so no fun there besides seeing Cali dance! Home it was. As soon as we left he got better though! Got home and my foot was killing me so I found some pain meds I've had left over from his birth and took one then laid down on the couch with him. This would have been a great thing had he not been uber tired from not napping at all today and started screaming as soon as we laid down! Finally he gave it up and fell asleep! Now I am sitting here looking at the turkey sleep wishing he was awake to cuddle with! LOL!

I am so looking forward to tomorrow! My first Mothers Day with him here! I cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment