Monday, December 17, 2012

Demonology 102

Three months in to welcoming number 2 we have seen huge changes in our little turkey butt! He is such a great big brother. There are times that I feel the demon that is, has gone in to hiding. That the sweet loving little man is back for good. Then all of a sudden the tide turns! For example I was just told to go to time out for eating my own donut! When I questioned his authority, my donuts were swiftly grabbed off the table and a  "NO momma my donuts!" growled out. I then pointed out his new time out chair and the sweet boy reemerged and my donuts were handed back. The term melt down has a whole new meaning lately. It is not just a nooo!! Its a complete loss of brain function. The legs flail about as the word No! is screamed as many times as humanly possible. But the new moments of sharing with his brother and lately I've gotten a ton of extra I love you's totally make up for it. There is something great about a tiny voice calling you "Babe" because that is what he hears his daddy call you. I love coming home and having him run to me so happy to see me. Becoming a big brother has really changed him for the better. The look of pride he gets when he makes O smile is so great. Now there are times when he tells me to put the baby down. And if at all possible I do. It means he needs some time for him and I do that. The baby gets so much more attention that I feel that if E asks for it, he deserves it. He has earned it. I can say for a big part the term Demon can be shelved for the moment. Showing off what he recently learned or singing Taylor Swift songs at the top of his lungs has replaced hitting and biting. 

Now with the change he has become a tiny dictator. He now feels its ok to tell everyone what to say and when and what to do and when. He is a big brother and bossing others around is obviously something that needs practice so that when O is old enough to listen and follow he is a pro. I so look forward to seeing the two grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment